This week we’ve teamed up with Kynetx to bring you a developer contest that combines the event-driven web and Twilio cloud communications. Sam Curren, a developer at Kynetx, put together this awesome app using their API and ours. Check it out, and submit your own Twilio + Kynetx app by this Sunday at 11:59pm PST and you could win an iPad.
Sam’s app makes it easy to quickly set up an auction where participants can call or text in their bids. In addition to Kynetx and Twilio, he used Google Spreadsheets as a database and Twitter to promotion the auction and the new highest bid.
How the App Works
- A bidder calls or sends a message to a number provided by Twilio.
- When Twilio receives the call or message, sends the information to the Kynetx application.
- The Kynetx application receives the information and then executes the ruleset, the glue that binds everything together.
- If it’s a new bid, the application checks the Google Spreadsheet to see the current high bid. If this new bid is higher, the bid is saved in the Google Spreadsheet then Kynetx sends back to Twilio instructions to alert the bidder on the phone or through SMS that they are the new high bidder.
- Kynetx uses the Twitter API to send a tweet with the new high bid.
To read more about the app, check out this post on the Kynetx blog >>
Learn More at Kynetx Developer Day – Friday, Nov 5th
Would you like to learn more about how you can use Kynetx and Twilio to build innovative apps? We’ll be at the Kynetx Developer Day in Mountain View, CA this Friday and we’d love to show you what’s possible with our APIs. If you’re in the neighborhood we hope you’ll register for this free event and join us. The event is a full day of intensive training on how to use Kynetx, with a talk from the Twilio team as well. See you there!