Are you ready for some foooootbaaalllll?! I know I am. I grew up in the Washington, DC area and am currently suffering from RGIII fever, so forgive me if I sound a bit giddy. The start of the NFL season is essentially my Christmas, which I guess makes the start of Fantasy Football my New Years.
For the past couple of years, I have been playing in the same fantasy football league with a bunch of friends who are spread out all over the country. We even play with one guy who is currently living in Amsterdam. Every year, we struggled to pull together a league wide conference call. This process would involve people needing to install software, configure settings and would inevitably result in a massive IT headache for whoever was in charge. This year, I decided to roll-up my sleeves and fix this problem by building the Fantasy Football Draft Room.
The Draft Room allows you and your buddies to create your own conference call where you can get down to the real business: trash talking during the draft:
- Go to: http://fantasyfootball.twilio.ly
- Scroll down to “Create Draft Room” and click the “Create Room” button. This will provision a free conference room code for your and your friends.
- Email the website link and Room Code to your friends.
- When they get to the website, they’ll scroll down to “Join Draft Room”, enter the code and hit “Go”.
- Once on the Draft Room page, just click the “Connect” button. That’s it!