How much does it cost to record a call?
You can add recording to your calls in multiple ways with Twilio. When using these features to record, your account will be billed by the minute. You also have the option to store your recordings with Twilio. The first 10,000 minutes of recordings for free and anything additional will be charged per-minute-stored.
A few notes about recording storage:
- Each account gets 10,000 minutes stored for free every month.
- Each recording minute above 10,000 will be charged $0.0005 per minute. The charge will occur at the end of the month, based on your average storage for that month.
- Recording storage costs are calculated by rounding the duration of each recording up to the next minute.
- To see how many recording minutes are stored in your account, you can view your analytics in your account dashboard. Remember your account will only be charged if it averages more than 10,000 minutes for the month.
For example, let’s say you recorded 10,000 minutes each month and kept those recordings stored in your Twilio account:
- The first month you’d have 10,000 minutes stored. Your account would not be charged since the first 10,000 minutes of storage is free.
- The second month you’d have 20,000 minutes stored. Your account would now be charged $5.00 for the extra 10,000 minutes you now have stored with Twilio.
Of course, you can delete your recordings at any time or move them to alternative storage.
For information on pricing for all of Twilio’s services, please see our pricing page.