Do you find yourself thinking of things to add to your to-do list at the most inconvenient times and places? Do you wish you could capture your to-do list as you think of it, instead of trying force it out of your brain and onto paper when you’re in a rush? If you strive to capture your to do list (and cross items off) you’re going to love this week’s winner: CallTheMilk.
The service integrates the power of voice with the simplicity and utility of Remember the Milk, a popular tool for capturing to-do lists and providing contextual reminders (especially among Getting Things Done fans like myself).
Getting Set Up with CallTheMilk
- Apply for your RTM api key. It’s instant and free.
- Tell CallTheMilk your api key and cell phone number
- Call (760) 406-8607 and speak the new task. CallTheMilk recognizes you from your caller id, and adds the new task right away!
Week #5 Challenge: Open Source It!
We’ve seen many fantastic submissions and winners who have made their code available to developers through open source, and we encourage you to make a contribution to the open source community using Twilio. This category is wide open, so if you’ve submitted in a previous week and are willing to open source your code we’d love to have you back to give it another try. Click here to submit
P.S. Kyle Conroy wrote a PHP Twilio response library to help you get started, and we’d love to see (hint hint) a Ruby library one of these days…
- Twilio SMS PHP Quickstart without Composer
- Account Verification with Authy, PHP and Laravel
- Call My Nana: Danielle Leong Sets Up Life Saving Voice Reminders For Her Grandma With Twilio
- How To Create a Spooky Halloween Hackpack with Laravel and Arduino
- Building Beyond Google Voice With Twilio: Working Hours, Whitelists and Blacklists