Yesterday, we introduced our newest product, Twilio SMS. While Twilio SMS was in private beta we ran a contest challenging developers added to the first wave of the beta to build a Twilio SMS app for the chance to win an unlocked Google Nexus One phone.
What is Betwext?
Betwext is a simple group text messaging service. When you use Betwext, you only have to send your message once and
everyone on your active list will receive your message along with any
replies by others on the list. It’s almost like adding a “reply-all”
button to your texting!
Manage who you’re currently texting by setting up a list for your
friends, coworkers, or whomever you’d like and setting them as your
active texting list. Want to switch over to a different list later?
Simple text commands let you manage your lists and contacts all from
How Betwext Works
Betwext is currently in private beta, but you can visit their website and submit your email address to get an invite.
East steps for getting started:
- Sign up for an account
- Create a list
- Send a text message to the Betwext phone number
- All the people in your group get a text from you
- If anyone replies to your message, the entire group sees it with the person’s name
Want to Be Our Next Contest Winner?
You could win a Netbook this week in our weekly developer contest. Getting involved is easy – code up your Twilio application using our new SMS API and submit it by 11:59pm on Sunday, February 14th for a chance to win.
Resources to get you started with Twilio SMS
- How To: SMS Notifications
- How To: Send SMS From Inside a Phone Call
- Receiving SMS: <SMS> TwiML Documentation
- Sending SMS: Twilio SMS REST API Documentation