At Twilio, we believe in phone number portability, and you can port most mobile and landline phone numbers into Twilio, and port any number out of Twilio to another provider if you need to. We support porting for both U.S. local and toll free numbers, and we look forward to support international in the future.
Most importantly, it’s free to port as many numbers as you want into and out of Twilio.
Porting Numbers from Google Voice to Twilio
Google Voice phone numbers can be ported into Twilio by completing these simple steps:
- To begin the porting process, please log into your account and go to the porting page
- Fill out the form, providing phone number type, phone numbers, and billing account info
- Fill out the Letter of Authorization that permits us to port your number on your behalf
- Provide a screenshot of your Google Voice account, and make sure the first/last name you provide on the Letter of Authorization match your Google account exactly
- After we’ve received all documents from you, the process takes 2-4 weeks to complete the port. Your number will not experience any downtime, and you will be notified when the port completes.
To learn more, check out the Twilio Porting FAQ for answers to many of the most common questions about how to port a phone number.