With barely enough time to recover from your tryptophan-induced Turkey Day coma, the holiday shopping season is already upon us. Black Friday sales grabbed big headlines over the weekend, setting up what promises to be a record breaking Cyber Monday, and pushing us all into a commerce-fueled frenzy of flash sales and irresistable savings.
We’re not immune to the rush of deep discounts here at Twilio, so we are teaming up with our friends at Shopify for the holiday cure for the ordinary developer contest. Shopify serves up a next-gen one-stop-solution for setting up a complete online store, with tools for handling all aspects of selling goods online. Using Shopify’s killer RESTful API with Twilio Voice, SMS and Client, this week’s contest is aimed at creating eCommerce awesome.
Shopify + Twilio = Holiday Happiness
Shopify’s super simple toolset for creating and running online storefronts combined with Twilio’s telephonic fantasticness serves up a sweet opportunity for hackers to leverage the holiday shopping season. Here’s a few ideas that came immediately to mind:
- Easy-to-add Shopify webhook plugin for Twilio SMS sale notifications
- Click-to-call Product audio tours with Twilio Client
- Asset management through SMS
- Post-Fulfillment satisfaction surveys with Twilio Voice
Breaking Santa’s Sleigh
What’s at stake for changing the holiday game in this developer contest? Well, let’s say Rudolph wouldn’t be wild about hitching up to this hefty hunk of holiday swag.
Second prize from Twilio is a stacked LEGO Mindstorms swag bag with the NXT 2.0, a bundle of touch, light and sound sensors, and a Bluetooth dongle to keep your holiday creations connected.
Third prize winner scores the brand new Kindle Fire with all winners scoring tasty gear from Shopify and Twilio.
- Entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM PST Sunday December 11th
- Entries must use Twilio and Shopify APIs
- Entry cannot be an app that has previously won a Twilio Developer Contest
- Bonus points for submission to the Twilio App Gallery and the Shopify App Store
- Extra bonus points for use of Twilio Client
What’s This Developer Contest About?
Every two weeks, we encourage developers to build something awesome with a Twilio-powered contest. As a language agnostic platform for cloud communications, we want developers of every shape, size and stripe to solve problems and grab a little glory using Twilio. To kickstart the creative process, we’ve run these developer contests for over a year.