Just over three weeks ago, Twilio announced our expansion into Europe and the demand is positively rabid. Twilio phone numbers in the United Kingdom has opened up new levels of trans-Atlantic possibility to our developer community, from opening up existing apps to a new market to forging new Twilio-powered products that cut the headaches out of international communication.
In celebration of this successful launch, we’re inviting Twilions worldwide to throw down their ability in a fortnight friendly – our first UK developer competition. Rules for this one are simple – use Twilio Voice to make a United Kingdom number do something exciting.
What kind of things can you do with a Twilio UK number? Here’s a few we’ve already seen in the wild:
- A forwarding service to give users US and UK phone numbers.
- A Twilio Client implementation to leverage Twilio’s aggressive international calling rates
- Roll-your-own UK calling card service
- Dial-a-Song clone featuring British punk rock bands
Anything goes this week so long as you’re using Twilio Voice to connect to the United Kingdom.
What’s at stake? The brand new Kindle Fire.
- Entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM PST Sunday November 27th
- Entries must use Twilio Voice and a Twilio UK phone number
- Entry cannot be an app that has previously won a Twilio Developer Contest
- Bonus points for submission to our App Gallery
- Extra bonus points for use of Twilio Client
What’s This Developer Contest About?
Every two weeks, we encourage developers to build something awesome with a Twilio-powered contest. As a language agnostic platform for cloud communications, we want developers of every shape, size and stripe to solve problems and grab a little glory using Twilio. To kickstart the creative process, we’ve run these developer contests for over a year.
How To Get Involved