We’re incredibly excited to get back on the DOer Express and take 11 amazing companies from New York City to Montreal for the International Startup Festival. These companies will have the opportunity to perfect their pitch, network, receive mentorship from Bessemer Venture Partners, and have an awesome time with a bunch of DOers on a bus.
The startups and entrepreneurs we chose showed their passion for growing a company from the ground up and their potential to make the most out of the mentorship opportunities and experience on the DOer Express.
Without further ado, here are the companies that will be riding on the DOer Express.
- Cheek’d brings face-to-face interaction to online dating via Cheek’d cards, a clever in-person way to get an online conversation started.
- Cloudbill is a cloud-based hub that makes it easy to manage and pay your bills in one place.
- Freak’n Genius brings people closer together by allowing friends and family to send fun video messages through on creative mobile app.
- See Sharp Guys build apps, games, and fun mobile technology for businesses.
- CallProof saves salesmen time by tracking leads, logging calls and automating outbound marketing.
- Meridix lets anyone produce their own webcast or live sports broadcast.
- Call Ecko helps you manage inbound phone calls by tracking, recording, and automating prospect data.
- RequestNow is an SMS based song request platform for DJ’s and audience members to request and track songs.
- OI TURISTA helps you find people who speak your language while you’re travelling abroad.
- Simply Grid provides on demand electricity for mobile businesses like food trucks.
- Wisdom.ly blends a speaker series with expert led video roundtables to offer an educational experience centered on intimate and meaningful conversations.
The DOer Express takes off from New York City on Wednesday, July 11th and returns from Montreal on Friday, July 13th. Startups aboard the bus will receive promotional help from Twilio, SendGrid and Windows Azure. Stay tuned to @twilio for updates and live coverage.