For many families the holidays are a time to gather and partake in some of their favorite activities together. For Twilions and their families, those activities often involve writing code. Developer Evangelist Brent Schooley and his family are no exception. In October, Brent showed how to build a meme generator using Twilio. Brent’s brother Aaron Schooley is a software developer at Lockheed Martin and did us all the favor of forking his brother’s code to make some improvements.
In celebration of family and #12HacksOfChristmas we want to share Aaron’s blog post showing you how to update his brother’s meme generator to send memes to your friends and family. Try it out yourself now. Send the word “list” to:
United States: (215) 240-7664
Canada: (587) 410-6363
If you want to meme your friends send a text with the following format (use your friend’s number instead of 555 number):
Meme All The Things, to: 555-555-5555
If you have a hack you’d like for us to highlight just send it to @twilio or use #12HacksOfChristmas and until tomorrow Happy Hacking and Happy Holidays!
- IVR: Screening & Recording with Ruby and Rails
- SMS Two-Factor Authentication with Ruby and Rails
- Curing the Post MAGFest Blues with Twilio, Ruby, Sinatra and SEGA music
- DIY Home Automation Using Twilio, PowerSwitch, Arduino, and Pusher
- Verify user phone numbers in Ruby on Rails with the Authy Phone Verification API