Deck the halls with Raspberry Pi’s, fa la la la la la LEDs! Today’s hack is another brilliant hardware hack that solves one of the more mundane and cumbersome interactions many car owners face everyday… the garage door. In this detailed tutorial instructables user AkiraFist explains how to harness Raspberry Pi, a webcam and Twilio to create a video-monitored garage door “butler”. AkiraFist even explains how you can enable access for friends, family and house-sitters.
Thanks for the stellar hack Akira! And until tomorrow, Happy Hacking and Happy Holidays!
- Receive and Download Images on Incoming MMS Messages with Python and Django
- Block Spam Calls and Robocalls with Python
- 1-855-MEOW JAM: Sending Cat Pictures Over The Phone Via Space Age Technology
- Make Your Own Music Hotline in PHP or Python
- Mock it Til’ You Make It: Test Django with mock and httpretty