Twilio Radio is a podcast featuring interviews from a few of the 100 speakers presenting at SIGNAL, our developer conference for communications. You can find Twilio Radio in iTunes and other podcast directories or you can listen to the interviews below. And if you’d like to join us at SIGNAL, use the promocode RADIO for 20% off when you register.
Where do text messages come from?
Ben Stein, who runs the messaging team at Twilio, talks about:
- Why SMS is such an effective communication medium for businesses
- SMS open and response rates
- The SMPP (SMS) protocol
- Technical differences between SMS and MMS
- Best practices for scaling a Twilio messaging app
What developers should know about job searching and negotiation
Patrick McKenzie, co-founder of StarFighters, talks about:
- What’s broken about with the recruiting and interviewing process?
- How should a developer start their job search?
- How should a developer answer the question, “What’s your current salary?”
- What are practical negotiating tactics once you have the offer?
Developer culture and project management
Karen Cohen-Zellner, platform manager at Wix, talks about:
- How to build strong developer culture
- How developers at Wix choose their technology stacks and process
- How to provide teams at a large company with high degrees of autonomy