Today, we are happy to announce the launch of Notification Preferences. With Notification Preferences, you and your team can control what critical communications you receive from Twilio. In an age where you probably receive a few dozen emails from various companies each day, we want to ensure that we're only communicating the information that you are interested in.
We recognize that every team is set up differently. While the billing managers on your team may want to know about a pricing change, the developers may only want to receive developer updates. In the past, by default, we have sent critical non-promotional product and policy updates to the owners and administrators of the accounts, but now, we will let you decide what notifications you want to receive.
As the Owner or Administrator of your account, you can customize which roles in your organization will receive each of these five types of Twilio notifications:
- Pricing Updates: Updates to product prices and rates
- Regulatory and Compliance Alerts: Alerts on regulatory and compliance issues/requests
- Developer Updates: Updates to Twilio APIs, helper libraries and other developer tools
- Legal and Privacy Updates: Updates to our legal terms, such as a our Terms of Service or Privacy Notices
- Security and Fraud Alerts: Warnings about active fraudulent attacks and potential security vulnerabilities
Adding a role to a Notification
If you, as the owner or administrator of the account, would like the Billing Managers on your account to receive Pricing Updates
- Select Billing Manager from the Select Role dropdown menu, next to Pricing Updates
- All the Billing Manager users in your account will now receive Pricing Updates, and can individually opt-in/out of these updates if they like.
Deleting a role from a Notification, as the account Owner or Administrator
If you don’t need the Developers on your team to receive Pricing Updates anymore, click ‘x’ on the Developer role against the Pricing Updates notification.
As the Developer, Billing Manager, or Support person, you can manage the notifications that the Owner or Administrator of your account has already opted you into.