Any product utilizing the T-Mobile Narrowband network that is intended for commercialization will need to be certified by T-Mobile. As the OEM/Product Developer, device capability information will have to be provided to T-Mobile. This is a necessary step needed before you mass manufacture your device.
Certification requirements include security certification, 'Safe For Network' testing, and delta certification for PTCRB. T-Mobile will also onboard the device to its Device Management platform.
Fast path to certification:
- Use a T-Mobile pre-certified module. T-Mobile certified and whitelisted modules are listed here.
Required certifications and tests:
- Module certification completed through T-mobile
- PTCRB of the product completed
- Device Security (CTIA) test plan
- Device Management verified through T-mobile
- Safe for Network (T-Mobile)
The entire end-end certification process can take up to 4-6 weeks and there are additional costs involved. Please work with your assigned Twilio representative or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get assistance.