Can I use a Twilio short code for a machine-to-machine use case?
Yes, you can. When you apply for your short code, please provide answers to the following questions:
- How you are planning to use your short code?
- What kind of devices will your short code send messages to?
- What actions will the messages trigger?
- How will the devices be configured to receive messages from your short code?
- Who owns the devices that your short code will send messages to?
- Will the short code be advertised or accessible to end users at all?
- Are there any cases in which the short code will be used to send messages to an end user’s handset (rather than a pre-configured device)?
Please note: even short codes intended for machine-to-machine use cases must respond to the keywords HELP and STOP with compliant messages. For more information about HELP and STOP message requirements, please see these guidelines.