This Twilio product is currently available as a Beta release. Some features are not yet implemented and others may be changed before the product is declared as Generally Available. Use of this Beta release is subject to the relevant terms of the applicable license agreement. Beta products are not covered by a Twilio SLA. Learn more about beta product support.
Flex Conversations requires Flex UI 2.0. If you are on Flex UI 1.x, please refer to Chat and Messaging pages.
To migrate an account from Flex Legacy Messaging to Flex Conversations, start by going through the Conversations prerequisites and updating your account configuration accordingly.
Each Address on Flex Legacy Messaging can be migrated over to Conversations at its own time and individually.
The following is only available for migrating Addresses without production traffic. Instructions for production Address migration are coming soon.
Before migrating a Legacy Address over to Conversations, notice the following:
- Long-lived is not supported out-of-box in Flex Conversations
- If using a Studio Flow, make sure the “Incoming Conversation” trigger is mapped.
- If you have a webhook configured to handle the contact, the code in your webhook endpoint may need to be migrated
- If you are using integration type “Task”, you may want to look at how to implement the outbound use cases by referring to creating outbound interactions. Flex Conversations doesn’t currently support the Task integration type - you should replace it with Studio or webhook.
- Make sure the Address has no production traffic
- Remove the Legacy Messaging Address (Flex > Manage > Messaging > Legacy, find your Address, delete it)
- Create a new Conversations Address for that same Phone Number or WhatsApp Number