- WhatsApp Group Messaging
WhatsApp Group Messaging
With Twilio's Conversations API, you can implement group chats in WhatsApp, a feature which is not offered natively in WhatsApp's API. With this code sample, you can implement multi-participant chat for up to 50 people that users can opt into and communicate through a single Twilio WhatsApp sender (business profile).
How it works for end users
- All interactions happen through a WhatsApp sender (business profile), not a native WhatsApp group
- Free-form discussions in the group can happen during 24-hour sessions
- Each end user can open up the 24-hour session by sending a message to the business
- Suggested: Business can send a quick reply button to the end user asking them to "tap to join the group session"
- After 24 hours, the session ends and the end user will not receive any more group messages.
There was an issue loading the page.
Please try again in some time.