Too many messages have been sent between two numbers within a short time period, possibly indicating a runaway job or infinite loop. There is a limit of 30 outbound replies between the same two phone numbers with each reply occurring within 30 second from the last reply. When this limit is exceeded, this error message is thrown to stop any potential runaway job.
This error will catch replies sent both through TwiML and the REST API.
- fast responses by the end user (less than 30 seconds)
- infinite loop caused by self referencing Sms or Message verb action URL
- infinite loop cause by a Twilio phone number sends messages to itself
- infinite loop caused by self referencing Redirect verb URL
- runaway process making repeated outgoing REST API requests
- make certain any action or Redirect URL's do not loop back to the same TwiML document.
- make sure the ‘To’ and ‘From’ number of your messages are different
- make sure you are not using the reply to send a large quantity of messages to the same phone number
- make sure any scripts you have are not messaging someone in a loop