Product: Programmable Chat
The requested member is already being added or removed from this channel concurrently with another API request. The last request will be rejected to avoid inconsistent state.
- You might be adding a new member to the channel while the member with the same identity is being removed from another thread.
- You might be submitting multiple concurrent requests to add a member with the same identity to the channel.
- You might be submitting multiple concurrent requests to delete the same member by SID or identity from the channel.
- Implement an operation retrier and repeat the failed member API requests after an interval of time, using an exponential backoff algorithm.
- Review your application logic that caused the race condition when adding or removing members. Perhaps the conflicting operations are happening in a loop that could be avoided.
- Serialize your API requests that add or remove members. Wait until the original request completes and returns an API response, before sending any successive member requests.