If you have been using our Flex-Zendesk Integration, you might remember deploying Functions to your Account. The Functions-based click-to-dial implementation can now be moved to a Native Outbound Dialing implementation. This provides the following benefits:
- Take advantage of the increased stability and scale of the Flex platform
- Gain access to additional features as they are rolled out for Outbound Dialing
Note: If you are configuring the ZD plugin for the first time, then you will get the native implementation by default. You will not see the option to perform a migration, and you just need to ensure that the following prerequisites are satisfied.
- Flex-UI needs to run on version >= 1.18.0
- Enable Native Outbound Dialing on your Account
Enable and configure the Flex Dialpad via the Twilio console,
Navigate to the Zendesk Integration in the Flex Admin:
- A 'Migrate' button will be visible within the Salesforce configuration page.
- Click 'Migrate'. This will update the integration to rely on the Flex Dialpad.
- After completing the migration, you will be unable to revert to the Functions-based approach.
After completing the migration, we recommend taking the following steps to clean up your environment:
- The Twilio Functions related to the Salesforce integration are no longer needed and can be removed
- The TaskRouter Workflow filter for function-based click-to-dial is no longer needed. We recommend removing that filter.
- The outbound caller ID and voice recording option will no longer be configured within Flex Admin. You'll use the Twilio console instead.
Note: You are using the beta integration if you downloaded and deployed
plugin-flex-zendesk-integration to your Flex Application yourself.
Upgrading from the beta relase requires the following steps:
- Make a note of entries in your
zdConfig.jsfile – you will need these values when configuring the GA version of your Flex-Zendesk Integration
- Navigate to Runtime>Assets in your Twilio Console to delete the plugin (i.e. Beta version).
- Delete the Functions created in the above steps by navigating to Runtime>Functions.
- Follow the steps described in the Setup.
Navigate to the Flex-Zendesk integration template in the Twilio Console and click Create.
Close the window once the functions are created and visible in Runtime>Functions.
You need to configure TaskRouter to ensure that we only route the call to the worker that clicked the phone number. To do this, you’ll need to create a routing rule.
Navigate to TaskRouter Workspace and go to the Workflow that you are using for the Outbound Call. Then, add a filter as shown in the following screenshot: