At Twilio, we’re passionate about enabling software developers to build rich communications experiences with simple, powerful tools, and so today we’re proud to launch Twilio Client for iOS. Twilio Client for iOS makes it possible for any mobile application to make and receive phone calls as well as provide real-time presence information about contacts, using the data connection of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Now, any iOS developer in the world can use the Twilio Client software development kit (SDK) to enhance existing mobile applications with voice communications or build totally new kinds of applications from scratch. The power of VoIP is in your hands.
Building Apps That Talk in the Cloud
Using Twilio Client for iOS, developers have access to new capabilities to build apps that:
- Let users make voice calls through any iOS device with a data connection, including app-to-app calls
- Place tap-to-call features within apps that feed rich information to CRM, advertising or analytic partners
- Let users detect when another user is available for voice chat with the built in online presence
- Allow businesses to deploy mobile agents anywhere with nothing but an iPad and a headset
RingDNA harnesses the power of Twilio Client for iOS
RingDNA built a “distributed” Salesforce-enabled call center iOS app that includes call tracking, intelligent call routing, CRM integration and click-to-call functionality, all powered by Twilio phone numbers and Twilio Client for iOS.
“Because of Twilio’s rock-solid Client for iOS SDK, our developers could focus on RingDNA’s core cloud marketing, sales and service features without bearing the prohibitive cost of creating the telephony API ourselves,” said Howard Brown, CEO of RingDNA.
Getting Started with Twilio Client for iOS
Ready to get started on building a mobile app that makes and receives phone calls? We’ve got documentation, helper libraries, sample code, and an active community of developers ready to answer your questions.
Need more help? Can’t code but want to find someone who can? That’s cool! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll connect you with members of our developer community who can help. Can’t wait to see what you build.
Twilio Client iOS in the News
Read more about how Twilio’s new Client iOS SDK is being received by press, bloggers and influencers:
- CNET: Twilio bringing voice chatting to any iPhone or iPad app
- GigaOM: Twilio lets iOS app makers add VoIP as a feature
- IntoMobile: With Twilio SDK, iPhone apps may become more chatty
- Programmable Web: Twilio Goes Native on iOS with new SDK, Android in Private Beta
- ReadWriteWeb: Twilio Brings VoIP Calling to Any App With New iOS SDK
- TechCrunch: Twilio Client iOS SDK Puts VoIP In Any App, Turning iPads Into Call Centers
- VentureBeat: Twilio Client for iOS hopes to woo developers with easy calling integration