Twilio's Emergency Address registration enables emergency call routing to Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) in the US, Canada and the UK.
Emergency addresses are registered on a per Phone Number basis. This page outlines the process you should follow to associate/dis-associate emergency addresses on a Phone Number associated with an Elastic SIP Trunk. Please ensure that you also read our Emergency Calling documentation.
The Phone Numbers subresource contains the list of Phone Number instances associated with this Trunk. Phone Number instances are managed through the core Twilio REST API. Check out the Phone Number reference docs for more information.
- Create and validate a new Emergency Address.
- Associate an Emergency Address with a Twilio number.
- Check Emergency Address Status on a Twilio number.
- Disassociate an Emergency Address from a Twilio number.
- Check Emergency Calling Status on a Twilio number.
- Delete an Emergency Address.
Create a new Address and validate it for Emergency Calling by setting the
EmergencyEnabled parameter to
A new address might be suggested as part of the validation process:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <TwilioResponse> <RestException> <Code>21629</Code> <Message>Failed to validate address. Check the suggested address. | FriendlyName: Twilio, CustomerName: Twilio, Street: 645 HARRISON ST, Locality: SAN FRANCISCO, Region: CA, PostalCode: 94105, IsoCountry: US</Message> <MoreInfo>https://www.twilio.com/docs/errors/21629</MoreInfo> <Status>400</Status> </RestException> </TwilioResponse> }
You can disassociate an Emergency Address by updating the the
nil depending on your programming language).
For curl leave the right side of the
curl -X POST https://api.twilio.com/2010-04-01/Accounts/ACXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/IncomingPhoneNumbers/PNXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.json \ --data-urlencode "EmergencyAddressSid=" \ -u ACXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:your_auth_token
- Dis-associate the Emergency Address from your Twilio Number.
- Check Emergency Address Status on a Twilio number to ensure it's unregistered.
- Associate new Emergency Address with Twilio Number.
- Check Emergency Address Status on a Twilio number to ensure it's registered.