This feature is available in beta now
There are always many variances with SIP when you work with multiple providers/vendors. SIP Header Manipulation enables you to change any portion of the SIP header and helps you offset any of those variances.
Using header manipulation you can manipulate the From Number (I.e From User, PAI User, RPID User, Contact User) and To Number (i.e To User, RURI User) of the SIP request message. You can configure this using the console and APIs.
Only console is supported for beta
This feature will be applicable to Elastic SIP Trunking, SIP Interfaces and BYOC.
Only Elastic SIP Trunking is supported for beta.
Manipulation Policy consists of Friendly Name, Policy SID, Rules and Test Manipulation Policy.
- Maximum number of SIP Manipulation per account is 1000
With each SIP Manipulation,
- You can create multiple response and request rules
- Each request/response rules can have multiple
- You can validate your manipulation policy using
Test Manipulation Policy
You can create a “Manipulation Policy” according to your requirements.
Rules consist of Conditions and Actions.
Conditions allow you to match full or partial portions of the SIP Header and you can create this using Field, Operator and Value. You can create one or many conditions based on the requirement. Also, you can change the order of the condition after you created and delete the conditions that are not needed.
These conditions will be carried out based on the execution type you have selected. There are three executions type and they are:
- If any of these conditions are met
- If all of these conditions are met
- If none of these conditions are met
The default execution type is “if any of these conditions are met”
You can create conditions based on the below mentioned SIP Header
Field that are supported by Twilio:
- From header
- Calling number or destination
- From display name
- From URI
- From user
- From host
- To header
- Called number or destination
- To display name
- To URI
- To user
- To host
- Request URI
- Request URI user
- Request URI host or domain
- P-Asserted-Identity header
- P-Asserted-Identity display name
- P-Asserted-Identity URI
- P-Asserted-Identity user
- P-Asserted-Identity host or domain
- Remote-Party-Id header
- Remote-Party-Id display name
- Remote-Party-Id URI
- Remote-Party-Id user
- Remote-Party-Id host or domain
- Contact header
- Contact display name
- Contact URI
- Contact user
- Contact host or domain
- Diversion header
- Diversion display name
- Diversion URI
- Diversion user
- Diversion host or domain
- P-Charge-Info header
- P-Charge-Info display name
- P-Charge-Info URI
- P-Charge-Info user
- P-Charge-Info host or domain
After you have identified the necessary
Field you can set the matching value using the
Operators such as
- Does not equal
- Starts with
- Does not start with
- Does not contain
- Ends with
- Does not end with
Actions will be carried out if the SIP Header matches the conditions that you have created. You can create one or many actions based on Field, Action and Value. Actions will be executed in order it was created. Similar to
Conditions you can change the order of the action after you created and delete the actions that are not needed.
You will be able to manipulate the
From Number and
To Number of the SIP Request message using the supported
Action such as
- Add prefix
- Add suffix
- Remove prefix
- Remove suffix
- Remove number of prefix
- Remove number of suffix
- Replace with
- When you Select From Number in Action, Twilio will manipulate the following portions of the SIP headers such as From User, PAI User, RPID User, Contact User.
- When you Select To Number in Action, Twilio will manipulate the following portions of the SIP headers such as To User, RURI User.
After you create one or many rules, you can test your manipulation policy before you associate it with different products. You can start with “populate with example” which provides a predefined SIP message for your convenience. Validate the rule that you created with various conditions and actions. Once you are satisfied you can associate with the SIP products.
Navigate to your Elastic SIP Trunking Trunk page and select the Trunk of your choice. The “Header Manipulation” that you have created now can be associated with the Trunk Termination and/or Origination side.