Functions UI editor is the all new redesigned way to experience Twilio Functinos.
Functions(Classic) is placed right under the left navigation pane in Functions.
Advantages of new editor include:
- Functions(Classic) and New Functions Editor are built on seperate infrastructure. The new editor calls the V2 APIs and provides the ability to work seamlessly between CLI and UI.
- In the functions(classic) logs were only available while in session. In the new UI, you can access logs via the logs endpoint at a later date.
- Increased reliability and refined user experience
- Services make it easy to organize mulitple Twilio applications
How to migrate functions from Functions(Classic) to New editor
- Create a new service in Functions editor. If you have multiple twilio applications, create a service for each application so that you can organize functions that belong to a specific applicaiton together under one service.
- Copy the code from existing functions(classic).
- Create a new function of the same name in Functions editor.
- Paste your code
- Configure dependencies
- Configure environment variables
- Save the function
- Click on Deploy all
- If you have phone numbers configured to point at your functions(classic) function, configure them to point to your new function we just created in the new Functions Editor.
Assets(Classic) and new functions editor are not compatible. You would need to re-upload assets to assets in the new editor to work with assets in the new eidtor.