This article should help you learn how various entities are named in Flex Insights, so we are on the same page when you start working with your contact center data.
- Agent - A person who handles conversations with customers in your contact center.
Also known as Operator, Representative, or Worker.
- Assessment - An assessment of a conversation (or part of a conversation). An assessment can be a simple label applied to a conversation. For example Good, Poor or Good for Coaching. An assessment can also be a scored quality aspect of a conversation such as Empathy rated in stars, or Objection Handling rated as Good, Acceptable, or Poor.
- Channel - A communication channel you use to talk to your customer. For example: chat, email or phone calls.
- Conversation - A conversation is a contact with a single customer. Conversations may have multiple segments if the customer is in contact with multiple agents or switches communication channels.
- Customer - A person that is outside of your contact center whom you contact (or who contacts you).
- Finding - Detection of a phrase or a pattern in the conversation either by speech or text analytics.
- Handling Team - The team to which the agent belonged when handling a conversation with a customer. When reporting by teams it is essential to use the handling team because agents can change teams over time – using an agent's current team may not give you accurate measures.
- Inbound - A conversation initiated by a customer from outside of your contact center.
- Internal - A conversation between two agents.
- Measure - A numeric reporting value that may be calculated from any data we have. Measures may be simple values such as Talk Time or based on more complex formulas, such as one that estimates costs in your contact center.
Also known as KPI or Measure.
- Outbound - A conversation initiated from within your contact center to a customer.
- Queue - A "waiting line" of sorts. Customers wait in queues when there is no available agent to take their inbound request.
- Score - A result of a scored Assessment, expressed either in points or percentages.
- Segment - Part of a conversation, e.g., one call between a customer and an agent.
- Speech Search - A defined pattern used to search conversations by speech or text analytics. It can be a phrase, a set of phrases or a complex pattern.
- Team - The lowest level organization unit in your contact center. A team is typically made up of 5 to 15 agents. Teams usually have a Team Leader that is on-site, listens to calls and coaches agents to improve their performance.
- Wrap Up - Work that an agent performs after talking to the customer, e.g., filling out the info about the conversation in a CRM system.