Twilio Programmable Chat makes it easy for you to add chat features into your web and native mobile applications without building or scaling a real-time chat backend. Chat has all the necessary APIs and features to integrate with your business logic to ensure you are in control.
To help you get started, please read our guides, starting with:
A number of reference clients are available for you, and can be found on our SDK Installation page.
Managing your Chat Services, configurations and other resources can be done via the Programmable Chat Console .
For support, please send a mail to email@example.com.
For sales assistance, please contact sales.
Programmable Chat follows a usage based pricing model based on unique monthly Users and Messages sent. For more information, please see Chat Pricing.
- Create, Destroy and Get Channels
- Private and Public Channel Types
- Add, Invite, Remove and Get Members
- Join and Leave Channels
- Send and Receive Messages
- Edit and Remove Messages
- Unique, Addressable Channel Names
- Multi-device content synchronization
- Offline message support (messages are delivered to offline members when they connect)
- Typing Indicator
- Roles and Permissions
- Consumption Horizon (own synchronized message "read status" across devices)
- Message Read Status (others message "read status")
- Custom Message, Channel and User metadata ("Attributes")
- Push configuration and runtime options
- Reachability Indicator
- Event Callbacks via Webhooks
- REST API
- APN Push Notification support for iOS
- FCM and GCM Push Notification support for Android
- Multimedia Messages: Support for "native" image, video and other file types in Messages (beta)
- Console integrated usage data and analytics
- Large Channel support
- Push Notification enhancements
- Channel and Message search support