The Conversations SDK is event-driven. Objects from the SDK will emit real-time events based on state changes in your Conversations instance. You can use these events to update your application’s state and UI.
The SDK emits events on several objects (i.e. Client, Conversation, User, etc.).
These events are emitted, for example, when:
- A new Message is added to a Conversation that you are participating in
- The connection state of your Client changes
- A Participant leaves a Conversation
- A User comes online
- Your Access Token is about to expire
friendlyNameof a Conversation is updated
A full list of events and objects can be found by referring to our generated SDK documentation:
- For the iOS SDK, all events are emitted at the top level
- For the Android SDK, only some events are emitted from the
ConversationsClientListener. Other events are available from the
As a next step, you can visit the following guides: