Changelog: Twilio Conversations iOS SDK
Always access the latest documentation.
If you are interested in Mac Catalyst support, please contact support to get hands-on experience with it.
Support for previous versions of the Conversations SDKs
Twilio Conversations SDKs use Semantic Versioning. Twilio supports version N-1 for 12 months after the first GA release of version N. We recommend that you upgrade to the latest version as soon as possible to avoid any breaking changes.
Support for 1.x ceased on October 19, 2022. Please upgrade to the latest version.
Conversation 2.2.8 (February 15, 2023)
- Fixed an issue with accessing temporary media urls
Conversations 2.2.7 (January 30, 2022)
- Fixed a crash which could occur on setting delegate of 'TwilioConversationsClient' to 'nil'.
Conversations 2.2.6 (November 4, 2022)
- Fixed a rare crash caused by adding a
nilkey to a dictionary.
Conversations 2.2.5 (September 2, 2022)
- Fixed duplicate completion execution on client initialization with invalid token.
Conversations 2.2.4 (July 25, 2022)
- Fixed handling of URL-unsafe symbols for setting attributes and friendly name.
- Fixed a rare issue when, on destruction of the client, the
sendAndBuildcommand could crash on
Conversations 2.2.3 (June 16, 2022)
- Improved connection recovery on network failures.
- Fixed the ability to get legacy media attachments using the new multiple media API.
Conversations 2.2.2 (April 4, 2022)
- Fixed an issue causing the SDK to crash on assertions.
Conversations 2.2.1 (March 14, 2022)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a token was updated while the network was unavailable.
Conversations 2.2.0 (March 3, 2022)
- Improved client synchronization time for users with many Conversations and Participants.
Conversations 2.1.0 (January 4, 2022)
- Added multiple media support. From now on a message can contain both text and media, and have more than one media. See
TCHConversation.limitsin the docs.
- New method to build a message:
- New property to get all media attachments from the message:
- New methods in
TwilioConversationsClientto get temporary content URLs from media and media SIDs.
TCHMessageType, and all the methods and properties related to them.
- Reduced the SDK footprint.
Conversations 2.0.3 (December 14, 2021)
- Improved internal stability.
Conversations 2.0.2 (December 10, 2021) deprecated
- Fixed a crash triggered by network unavailability.
Conversations 2.0.1 (November 25, 2021)
- Dropped support for iOS 11.
- Reduced the SDK footprint.
Conversations 2.0.0 (October 19, 2021)
- Major under-the-hood improvement (the “Sessionless” protocol). This improvement is designed primarily for improved reliability. While this is not a breaking code change, it does carry a meaningful impact on timing:
- SDK commands will return success or failure up to ~10% more quickly than before.
- Real-time updates of data are now likely to arrive after the command completes.
[TCHConversation setAttributes]will invoke completion (i.e., success) while
[TCHConversation attributes]still returns the old value. To see the new value, we recommend waiting for an update event, e.g., in the
- Some error messages have changed. For example, trying to leave a conversation you’re not part of will return error
50432, Participant not foundinstead of
50400, User not member of channel.
[TCHMessageOptions withAttributes]is simplified. It does not take a completion callback anymore, and returns an error if it failed to set any attributes.
Conversations 1.3.1 (April 29, 2021)
- Fixed reconnection after restoring application from background. The issue was introduced in 1.2.0, and users are highly encouraged to upgrade to this version to avoid experiencing disconnection problems.
Conversations 1.3.0 (March 26, 2021)
- Added possibility to set dispatch queue to get reports not from main queue, but from selected one.
- Added support of XCFramework with arm64 simulator.
- Added support for SPM.
- Removed support of Carthage until it supports binary XCFrameworks.
- Fixed an issue when connection could be not established after returning from background.
Conversations 1.2.0 (January 19, 2021)
- The SDK now supports HTTP proxy. Proxy could be enabled by using a new flag
useProxypassed to client properties on a client creation. Settings read from the system configuration.
- Added ability to defer certificates check to the OS (disable pinning) using new flag
deferCertificateTrustToPlatformpassed to client properties on a client creation.
Conversations 1.1.1 (November 25, 2020)
- Fixed a bug when
conversationDeleteddoesn't come when Participant removed by other user.
- Fixed a bug which could lead to client synchronisation stuck.
- Fixed a crash on accessing
participantWithIdentityfrom multiple threads.
Conversations 1.1.0 (October 27, 2020)
- Added support for detailed delivery receipts. See
Conversations 1.0.0 (September 28, 2020)
First public release for the new Conversations product.
Need some help?
We all do sometimes; code is hard. Get help now from our support team, or lean on the wisdom of the crowd by visiting Twilio's Stack Overflow Collective or browsing the Twilio tag on Stack Overflow.