This page includes all release notes related directly to the Flex backend. For the list of all Flex-related release notes, including Flex UI updates and WebChat UI release notes, please see this page.
This dedicated Release Notes page is no longer updated. Updates to the Flex backend, as well as all other product updates across Twilio's services, are available on the Twilio Changelog.
These changes only apply if you're using FlexUI 1.8.0+.
- All plugin URLs are now available from
https://flex.twilio.com/plugins/plugin-test.js?v=123, instead of your Twilio Runtime domain. You can always find your plugins and their URLs at
- Internally routed plugins provides enhanced performance & caching semantics.
- Support for creating Private Plugins that are only accessible with your valid Flex JWE Token.
Note: Plugins uploaded as public assets will remain accessible via the runtime URL, but if using that URL within Flex you won't get the performance benefits, or the ability to restrict access to Flex agents only.
- Enforce Logout allows you to automatically logout users if they are no longer reachable from within Flex. For example, if a user closes their browser tab or turns off their computer, that user can be automatically transitioned to a TaskRouter activity that makes them unavailable for tasks and which will not be charged by Active User Hour Pricing.
Note: A previous version of this changelog entry stated that this automatic logout would also happen if a user "locks their computer." We have removed this because this is dependent on OS behavior and is not guaranteed.
- Default agent activities are now
Break. These are configurable via the TaskRouter Activities API.
custom5Task Channels are no longer created by default. New channels used for routing can be created using the TaskRouter TaskChannels API.