TaskRouter's REST API enables you to interact with TaskRouter resources from your server-side applications.
All TaskRouter URLs referenced in the documentation have the following base:
All Twilio REST APIs are served over HTTPS. To ensure data privacy, unencrypted HTTP is not supported.
The TaskRouter REST API exposes the following subresources. You can read about these resources and some common TaskRouter development tasks below:
- Workspaces are containers for your TaskRouter objects. All of your Tasks, Workers, Workflows and Queues are contained within a Workspace. Each account can have mulitple Workspaces.
- Workers are entities that process tasks, like agents in a call center, or the support staff on a support team.
- Activities describe what Workers are doing and whether they are ready to accept a new task assignment. TaskRouter provides a set of default Activities, but you can customize the list if you need more granular reporting.
- TaskQueues distribute tasks to workers, and collect statistics about task distribution. You can manage Queues through the TaskQueues resource.
- Workflows route tasks to the appropriate queues, and set rules for each task's prioritization and escalation. Learn how to create, update, and configure Workflows through the Workflow resource.
- Tasks are the individual pieces of work managed by the system. You add, remove, and update Tasks in TaskRouter through the Task resource.
- Statistics give you realtime and historical information about the performance of workers and taskqueues in your TaskRouter environment.
- Events provide a feed of activity about changes taking place in a given Workspace.