In order to test Verify Silent Network Auth (SNA), the mobile number used must be on one of our supported carriers within a supported country. If you do not have access to a supported mobile number, you can use a third-party mobile device testing service like Headspin to obtain one and proceed with testing.
- A Headspin account. To create one, request a free trial and a Headspin rep will contact you to set it up within 1-2 days.
- A mobile app to install. If you'd like to use our SDK sample apps, request access to our iOS/Android SNA SDK repositories.
- iOS: https://github.com/twilio/twilio-verify-sna-ios
- Android: https://github.com/twilio/twilio-verify-sna-android
- An IPA/APK generated from your app or the sample app.
- Uninstall the app from the Headspin device once you finish testing to prevent leaks of your product. Headspin devices are available to all their customers.
- It may be difficult to debug the app should issues occur, you may want to plan a logging strategy to track user interactions during Headspin testing.
Step 1: Open Headspin on your browser.
Step 2: Click on the Create a Session and then Start Remote Control buttons.
Step 3: In the Devices list, select a device on a supported region. Supported regions currently include:
- United States (US)
- Canada (CA)
- United Kingdom (UK)
Step 4: Select a device by clicking the Start button with an available phone number and supported carrier. Supported carriers currently include:
- US: Verizon and T-Mobile
- CA: Bell, Rogers, and Telus
- UK: EE, Vodafone, O2, and ThreeUK
Step 5: Once the device is up and running, select the Apps button.
Step 6: Select the Upload App + button.
Step 7: Select the IPA/APK (IPA for iOS, APK for Android) and wait until Headspin uploads and installs the app on the device.
Step 8: Once the app is installed, you can interact with the app and test it against a real world scenario. Follow our Silent Network Auth Testing Guide for more detailed testing instructions!