To configure your Autopilot Assistant for Twilio Programmable SMS follow the following instructions:
- Go to your Console Phone Numbers page.
- Buy or select the phone number you want to use for your Assistant.
- In Messaging Configuration select Webhook.
- Fill in the URL in the following format:
- Click Save Settings.
- Send a message to that phone number and you should get an Assistant Responder webhook.
A string representing the unique name of the destination Task. If no TargetTask is provided, the destination task is determined by the natural language understanding.
TargetTask is useful when you want to control what task a user is routed to.
Lets you send Inbound Context to Autopilot. Should be a JSON string containing key-value pairs to insert into the Autopilot memory before starting a dialogue with the bot.
Useful for passing data stored in third party systems like a CRM into Autopilot to deliver a more contextual experience.
Example 1: Using TargetTask parameter at the end of the URL
Any message sent to number or messaging service configured with this URL will land in the handle_appointment_confirmation task.
Example 2: Passing Inbound Context with Memory
Any message sent to a bot with this URL will insert CarModel, CarMake and CarYear into the Autopilot Memory.