With 3 trillion emails processed and growing, Twilio SendGrid APIs allow you to quickly and easily deliver email at scale. Whether you need to send transactional emails, marketing emails, or both, Twilio SendGrid has you covered.
- Getting Started with the SendGrid API
- Send Email with Marketing Campaigns
- Building an X-SMTPAPI Header
The SendGrid Marketing Campaigns Email API provides developers with the ability to manage marketing emails, lists, identities, and schedule delivery events
This is a protocol rather than an API. SMTP is widely supported by applications and is usually the fastest way to integrate with SendGrid. Learn how to integrate using SMTP.
When sending with SMTP, the SMTP API allows you to add specific instructions to your SMTP emails, that match the functionality of our mail endpoint. You can add custom arguments, track your emails engagement, and send multiple emails with the same request.
SendGrid can parse the email bodies and attachments from incoming emails and post them to your web application. For details on how to integrate your application to start receiving emails please refer to our Parse Webhook. Application examples include:
- Posting blog articles via email
- Processing email replies in a mailing list
- Allowing users to upload pictures to their profile via email
- Submit support requests via email
SendGrid can send real-time notifications about events that happen on the SendGrid system to a URL. These events include clicks, opens, unsubscribe, bounces, and many others. These events include more data than what SendGrid records and allow customers to customize their own reporting. What makes this API even more powerful is the ability to include user-defined parameters in each event. Through our SMTP API, customers can embed unique parameters in each email they send. These parameters are then passed to each event notification so your application can associate these events with your customers. Read more about the Event Webhook. Examples of applications include:
- Associate a spam report with a specific campaign and user in your application
- Know real-time when a user has clicked on a confirmation email
- Get the specific link clicked on an email
- Get the browser version used by a customer
- Know the specific MTA response for a customer
The Web API allows customers to create sub-accounts and control the settings of these accounts for an OEM setup. See the list of Web API calls
SendGrid has a Web API that allows customers to retrieve information about their account such as statistics, bounces, spam reports, unsubscribes, and other information.