The Content Template Builder is a Twilio product designed to create templated messages as well as messages with rich content. It has an easy-to-use graphical user interface built on top of a publicly accessible API. With the Content Template Builder, engineers and non-technical users can create, approve, and manage templates from the Twilio Console.
With the Content Template Builder, you can create templates faster, with fewer errors, while empowering your whole team to contribute. Developers and non-technical users can build and submit templates for approval from the Twilio Console without writing a line of code.
The form-based template builder streamlines the template creation process with a user-friendly interface. The interface details which templates can be used on which channels and whether OTT provider approval is required to unlock additional capabilities. The product also reduces approval rejections from OTT providers by surfacing validations and suggestions as you compose templates.
The Console interface makes it easy to determine approval statutes and important template details at a glance with color-coded status badges and labels. Additionally, templates created in the Content Template Builder console experienced are mirrored in the Content API and vice versa so can switch back and forth between products as desired.
As Twilio adds new channels connectivity, we will continuously update Content Temp to support new senders so that your templates will be future-proof. The Content products also simplify template approvals required by WhatsApp to enable outbound messaging and rich features such as dynamic call-to-action buttons. The Content API’s template management features allows enterprises to manage templates across teams and ISVs to manage templates across thousands of customer accounts.
- Build rich content across multiple channels
- Access rich features:
- WhatsApp: Use dynamic quick replies (in session), buttons with dynamic URLs, list messages and more!
- Facebook Messenger: Use quick replies and CTA buttons.
- Develop rich messaging faster:
- Use a single payload to send messages across all supported channels.
- Personalize content with dynamic variables that you can then substitute at runtime, for example "[name]".
- Specify "Fallback" content types when rich content is not supported. A single Content API template can hold multiple content types. For examples, a template with both text and quick reply content types can be used to deliver quick reply button content to WA recipients and fallback to text content for SMS recipients.
- Manage WhatsApp templates at scale
- Submit any eligible messaging content to WhatsApp for approval as a WhatsApp template.
Ready to get started? Review the Content API Quickstart.
For more information about the types of templates you can create in the Content Template Builder and how to send them, please see the Content Template Builder Reference section.