Welcome to the "Monitor your application" section of the Programmable Messaging API Onboarding Guide. When you complete this milestone, you’ll understand how to track the performance of your messaging application and have strategies for improving it.
Who are your stakeholders at this stage?
- Business team: Engagement metrics will be of high interest now that messaging campaigns are up and running. This team may also be largely responsible for the content of the messages, which in turn can influence message delivery.
- Developers: Decisions made in previous steps will now indicate how well the application functions and this team may have the most insight into what’s working and what should be improved.
In this guide, you will:
As a first step toward tracking the success of your messaging program, Twilio’s Messaging Insights provides a real-time dashboard with a range of performance reports. They will give you a visual look at messaging delivery, errors, and conversions.
Navigate to the relevant documentation to learn more about Messaging Insights.
As you scale up your messaging program, it’s possible that you will start to see delivery errors. We recommend becoming familiar with the types of error issues you might encounter and how to handle them if they occur.
Navigate to the relevant documentation to learn more about common issues and troubleshooting strategies.
To ensure that you are able to proactively monitor and contain issues that arise, we recommend notifying select team members when errors are triggering at a certain rate.
Navigate to the relevant documentation to learn more about alarms and alerts.
Your messaging application is ready to roll and now it’s time for your messaging program to thrive. Compiled below are resources to help your team follow leading practices in the industry so that your program delivers on your business goals.
Share the content below with your team to ensure everyone understands how to execute a thriving messaging program on your Twilio Application.
- Guide to U.S. SMS Compliance (recommended)
- How to prevent messages from being filtered (recommended)
- CTIA Short Code Monitoring Handbook (optional)
- 8 Steps to Building a Successful SMS Marketing Program (optional)
- Using SMS and Email to Engage Your Customers (optional)
- Get familiar with forbidden messaging content in North America (optional)
- Best Practices for toll-free messaging in North America (optional)
If you need help with onboarding, deliverability, or compliance, Twilio Professional Services can help. Our team of experts leverages extensive implementation experience to guide you no matter where you are in your messaging journey. Contact us for more information!
Congratulations on making it this far in the Programmable Messaging API Onboarding process! To learn more, check out these helpful links: