Teams can get even more self-service capabilities out of SSO Identity Providers (i.e. Okta) by leveraging them to provision user access to WFO; adding these capabilities is as simple as defining WFO user roles for a given user.
WFO cannot be accessed by users with
agent role. In order to make WFO icon visible either
admin role is required.
WFO roles only define the level of application permissions within WFO. You can combine WFO roles with other Flex user roles.
Users within the Twilio Console can access WFO without SSO configuration.
The default WFO role for these users is
Here's an example of how a user role of
wfo.team_leader can be assigned to a user with the Flex role of supervisor in Okta.
- Navigate to Directory > Profile Editor > Your App Name > Attributes. Make sure you have the following attributes required for WFO user provisioning
- Navigate to Applications > Your App Name > General > SAML Settings > Attributes Statements. Ensure there is an attribute
- In Okta, navigate to Applications > Select Your Application > Assignments > Assign > Assign to People > Select User > Insert user role in "Assign Applications" window:
Once a user is assigned their role in Okta, they should be able to access WFO via Flex.
Flex Login URL is https://flex.twilio.com/your-app-1234, where 'your-app-1234' is your Runtime Domain.
Once a user has logged into Flex and accessed WFO, this will also be reflected in Worker attributes in the Twilio Console (Task Router > Workspace > Worker > Properties > Worker Attributes).
In some cases, such as when managing big teams, it can be useful to define user group roles for WFO:
User permissions are defined by their roles in WFO:
Viewers can view default dashboards and reports and custom dashboards created by users with editing privileges. Viewer analytical role enables to consume existing insights without ability to create own content.
Viewers can do the following in the Flex UI or Analytics portal:
- Navigate through dashboards and tabs
- Export and print dashboards* and reports
- View dashboards and all of their contents (reports, widgets, and embedded web content) through an external application
- Hover over dashboard reports for additional information
- Use predefined dashboard filters
- Use predefined drill paths in dashboard reports
- Drill-down from dashboards up to individual conversations
- Create saved views*
- Schedule emails with dashboard pdf exports*
- Access KPI dashboards, and add alerts to KPIs
Explorers can do everything Viewers can with addition of insights capabilties using Analyze tab and KPI dashboards. Explorers can do the following in the Flex UI or Analytics portal:
- Edit existing KPI dashboards*, and create new KPI dashboards
- Access Analyze tab
- Edit existing insights, and create new insights in Analyze tab
Editor is a role that is intended for data analysts that manage metrics and reports for other people in their company. Editors can do everything Viewers and Explorers can, plus the following:
- Edit existing dashboards, and create new dashboards*
- Edit existing reports, and create new reports*
- View data model, data sets, and project elements (facts, attributes, metrics, variables)*
- Edit project attributes (for example, add drill paths), edit project metrics, and create custom metrics by aggregating project facts*
- Schedule sending of dashboards and reports for other users*
* In Analytics portal only.