Twilio IoT provides global cellular connectivity for your Internet of Things devices. Our developer documentation will show you how to integrate our connectivity products into your IoT devices and your backend infrastructure.
Twilio IoT connectivity is delivered through Twilio SIM cards and modules that are fully manageable through our software APIs. With Twilio SIMs, you can go from prototype to production with CAT-M1, LTE, Narrowband, and 2G/3G:
- Super SIM — Multi-network connectivity for IoT deployments across the world.
- Programmable Wireless SIM — Connectivity for Broadband IoT applications through T-Mobile’s global partner networks.
- Narrowband SIM — Connectivity for Massive IoT applications on T-Mobile’s NB-IoT network in the United States.
Each of these SIMs — which are available in multiple card and module form-factors — is backed by powerful APIs from which you can construct sophisticated fleet management systems for your application.
Whichever SIM you select, you’ll need to know how to instruct your IoT devices to connect to the network. You’ll also need to understand the basics of SIM management.
Start developing an IoT product based on Twilio IoT using our Getting Started Guides to get your proof of concept or prototype up and running.
Partner Kits have a Twilio SIM built in. You don’t need to register a SIM with Twilio to get started — it’s already built in!
Twilio IoT provides great cellular connectivity, but its real strength lies in its programmability — the key to creating sophisticated connectivity management and monitoring tools able to scale to millions of devices and beyond that are tailored specifically for your needs.
- Use the Super SIM API to manage Super SIMs, individually or in fleets.
- Use the Programmable Wireless API to work with Programmable Wireless SIMs and Narrowband SIMs.
The API documentation contains all you need to connect your own systems to your Twilio IoT SIMs, including sample code.
We can all get into difficulty when we’re beginning a new project. Sometimes we’d just like a little further clarification about a feature or a setting before continuing.
Whichever Twilio IoT SIM you are working with, you can get immediate assistance by visiting the appropriate Help & Support section of the developer documentation in the left-hand sidebar.