Super SIM is a global cellular connectivity platform to connect your IoT devices around the world. With a Super SIM in your device you’ll be able to connect to the most comprehensive list of Tier 1 global networks via a single SIM. Powered by Twilio’s own cloud-scale mobile core, you have the freedom to choose your networks, so you can optimize for coverage, performance, and price. Use highly available APIs to program your connectivity operations, from changing SIM status and tracking data consumption, to sending machine-to-machine messages to devices.
Super SIM gives your IoT devices access to over 300 cellular networks around the world. Check out Super SIM’s available networks.
Looking for specific networks to connect to? You’ll be able to control which networks you can connect to with Network Access Profiles.
You can follow this step-by-step guide to get started with Super SIM. You’ll learn how to:
- Order Super SIMs from the Console.
- Configure your Super SIMs using either the Console or via the API.
- Set up your device by configuring the APN and enabling roaming.
If you need a helping hand to begin working with Super SIM, why not try one or more of our brief tutorials?
- Get Started with Super SIM, the Raspberry Pi 4 and the Waveshare 4G Hat
- Get Started with Super SIM SMS Commands and the Raspberry Pi.
- Get Started with Super SIM and the Raspberry Pi Pico: SMS Comms
- Get Started with Super SIM and the Raspberry Pi Pico: Data Comms
- Get Started with Super SIM Connection Events
- Get Started with Super SIM and eSIM Profiles.
To use Super SIM, there is a one-time fee for SIM hardware, a monthly subscription fee for active Super SIMS, and usage fees that are charged on a pay-as-you-go basis. Volume pricing is available if you talk to sales.
- One-time SIM fee — SIM hardware starts at $3. You can order multi-size (2FF/3FF/4FF) SIM cards or solderable embedded SIMs (MFF2) from the Console. If you need larger quantities than can be purchased in Console, talk to sales.
- Active SIM Subscription Fee — Starting at $2 per
activeSuper SIM per month. You can update a Super SIM to
inactiveat any time to stop this recurring fee if you don’t need to use your Super SIM. You can reactivate at any time. Learn more about Super SIM statuses.
- Data Usage — Starting at $0.10 per MB. Data usage is billed on a pay-as-you-go basis. Data usage is billed per byte — no rounding or breakage.
- SMS Commands — Starting at $0.05 per SMS Command sent from your device and $0.01 per SMS Command sent to your device. Use SMS Commands to send machine-to-machine (M2M) SMS to and from your devices.
Super SIM is now generally available. This applies to the API resources used for managing your Super SIM's lifecycle (Sims, Fleets, Network Access Profiles, and Networks) and data connectivity using the
super APN, traffic from which breaks out to the Internet via the Twilio Mobile Core in Ashburn, USA.
All other resources within the Super SIM API, and Internet breakouts outside of the United States, such as Frankfurt, Germany, are still in Pilot or Beta. They are therefore not covered by a Twilio SLA. To learn more about pilot and beta product support, please see this Help Center page.
To build with Super SIM you’ll use the following API resources.
- Sims — Digital representation of a physical Super SIM.
- eSim Profiles — Access Super SIM functionality via eUICCs.
- Fleets — Control a group of Super SIMs. Settings on your Fleet are applied to all of the Sim resources assigned to them. Use Fleets to control how hundreds or thousands or your Super SIMs connect.
- Networks — Represents a cellular network that your Super SIMs can connect to. You’ll be able to pick which cellular networks you want your Super SIMs to be able to connect to.
- Network Access Profiles — Take control of your connectivity. Each Network Access Profile lists the Networks you want your Super SIMs to be able to connect to. You can change NAP’s Networks list at any time. Learn more about Network Access Profiles.
- SMS Commands — Send M2M SMS to and from your devices.
- UsageRecords — See how much data your Super SIMs used over time.
Learn how get started with the Super SIM API here. Helper libraries are available for popular programming languages to help you quickly integrate Super SIM into your applications.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.