Flex UI is a programmable user interface. When our customers adapt Flex UI to their workflow with Flex Plugins, they are able to create their own unique experience, in the end owning the final implementation of our programmable user interface.
We are aligning to WCAG 2.1 level AA standards to support our customers in building accessible user experiences. We are gradually improving Web accessibility of our out-of-the-box Flex UI experience and tools used to customize it.
Starting from Flex UI 2.0.0 - beta.1 version Flex UI supports the following Accessibility features:
- Accessible color theme built with Twilio Paste including a Dark mode theme
- Basic keyboard navigation (tabbable interface) for Agent Experience
- Clear focus states for Agent Experience
- Basic screen reader support for Agent Experience
In addition to the out-of-the-box accessibility features, we also provide tools to get you started to build accessible Flex Plugins:
- Twilio Paste - an accessible design system and component library. Starting from Flex UI 2.0.0 - beta.1 version, Twilio Paste is integrated and ready to use with Flex Plugins so you can take advantage of all accessibility features that it provides.
- Keyboard shortcuts example plugin - this plugin helps you to get started with implementation of keyboard shortcut navigation that makes sense for your Flex UI experience.