SHAKEN/STIR Onboarding with the Trust Hub REST API (Direct Customers, no Subaccounts)
For general information on the Trust Hub API, go to the Trust Hub API Docs.
This page walks Direct Customers with no subaccounts through creating a SHAKEN/STIR Trust Product with the Trust Hub REST API.
Not a Direct Customer with no subaccounts? Find the appropriate onboarding instructions below:
Direct Customers (No Subaccounts)
1. Create a Primary Business Profile in your Parent Account in the Console's Trust Hub and submit for vetting.
- In your Console, navigate to Trust Hub --> Customer Profiles to create your profile.
- You will only need to do this one time.
- For more information on Business Profiles and vetting, go to the Trust Hub Docs.
2. Add Phone Number(s) to your Primary Business Profile
- This is required before you can add a phone number to your SHAKEN/STIR Trust Product.
- You'll need your Business Profile's SID,
- To find your Business Profile SID in the Console, navigate to Trust Hub -> Customer Profiles --> View Profile Details.
- If you'd prefer to look up your Business Profile SID via API, see the Additional API Calls section.
- Business Profile SIDs begin with "BU".
- You'll also need your Phone Number SID(s)
- To find your Phone Number SIDs in the Console, go to your Dashboard. In the Project Info section, click on See all phone numbers, then click on a phone number to find the SID.
- To find your Phone Number SIDs via API, see the Additional API Calls Section.
- Phone Number SIDs begin with "PN".
- In the API Call below, don't change the
ChannelEndpointType. It needs to be
phone-numberto add a phone number to your Business Profile.
3. Create a SHAKEN/STIR Trust Product
- Note: Do not change the policy_sid from the example below.
- The response will contain the SID for your Trust Product. You'll need this for the next step.
4. Connect your SHAKEN/STIR Trust Product to your Business Profile
- You'll need your Trust Product's SID. This was returned by the previous API call.
- You'll need your Business Profile's SID. This is the SID that starts with "BU" you used earlier.
- To retrieve these SIDs via the API, see the Additional API Calls section below. You can also find them in the Console under Trust Hub.
5. Assign phone numbers to your SHAKEN/STIR Trust Product
- You'll need the Phone Number SID(s) you assigned to your Business Profile earlier. (Note: Only those phone numbers already assigned to your Primary Business Profile are eligible)
- You'll need your Trust Product SID used earlier.
- Don't change the
- You can complete this step before or after submitting your SHAKEN/STIR Trust Product for vetting
- To check your Business Profile's phone numbers via API, see the Additional API Calls section below.
6. Submit your SHAKEN/STIR Trust Product for vetting
- Once it reaches Twilio-Approved status, you will be able to sign outbound calls with “A” level attestation.
Additional API Calls
Need some help?
We all do sometimes; code is hard. Get help now from our support team, or lean on the wisdom of the crowd by visiting Twilio's Stack Overflow Collective or browsing the Twilio tag on Stack Overflow.