Calling US-based college students!
We want YOU to lead your intrepid crew representing your school on a mission to save The Cloud!
In TwilioQuest, a PC role-playing game inspired by classics of the 16-bit era, you will help defeat the evil Legacy Systems while learning skills related to Twilio and general programming along the way.
At the end of the 2 week-long tournament running from October 19th-October 30th, the team with the most number of missions completed will earn honor and a streaming setup worth ~$1000 per team-member!
How it Works
- You must be a current US college student (undergrad or grad). Please use your school email!
- You do not need to be studying computer science or have any programming experience.
- Each school can have more than 1 team, but we'd like for each team's members to all be from the same school
- Teams should be 4-5 people (all from the same school, for school honor) as the winning team will have completed the most # of missions so having 5 people increases chances of winning.
- Only missions completed between midnight PST October 19 and October 30 11:59pm PST will count towards the contest.
- In the unlikely event there is a tie between multiple top teams, we will look at the number of experience points (XP) earned. If that is still a tie, the tie will go to developer trivia.
- The leaderboard will only reflect missions completed and XP earned since TQ Tumult started.
- You can and should work together with your team to help each other complete missions!
We will also provide engineering and product mentors and will host a few talks via Zoom, like how to get into streaming and some recruiting tips.
Sign-up with a team of 5 students here by October 14th to participate. The contest itself will take place from October 19-30. Some other background on TwilioQuest:
- VentureBeat feature
- Can we talk about TwilioQuest?
- Introducing TwilioQuest!
- Learn to Program in TwilioQuest