Our Development Tools
Here’s our checklist of all the things we will need to build the app:
- A Twilio Account to get a Twilio Phone Number – Sign up for free!
- Node.js and npm
Yarn – You can use npm as well but you will have to modify the
startscripts to npm from yarn
- Ngrok – the perfect solution to demo without deploying
- A working email account with IMAP access
git clone -b twilio-template-email2sms firstname.lastname@example.org:excerebrose/Emailer.git<br>cd Emailer<br>yarn install ...
How to Forward Emails to SMS using Node.js
You know that annoying moment when you are waiting for an important email to come through? Or you really have to send that one formal email to your boss but you have used up all your data allowance and have no WiFi to connect to? Yup, me too.
I had recently found myself in a similar situation and missed out on an amazing opportunity. When I went to a local hackathon I knew what I would be building – a minimalistic email interface you can control just with SMS. Today we are going to build this app using a little bit of Node.js and Twilio!
Let’s start with a checklist of all the things we will need to build the app:
- A Twilio Account to get a Twilio Phone Number – sign up for free
- Node.js and npm which you can get here: https://nodejs.org/en ...