Email is a critical part of any business communication strategy, both internally and externally. Today the need to have dynamic, content-driven, responsive email campaigns is critical. Twilio SendGrid allows organizations to deliver on this need with a highly performant and customizable CRM that works well in both the GUI and programmatically via API.
In this tutorial, we’ll set up a free SendGrid account and, using Python, send ourselves both simple text/html emails as well as high-res, dynamic content. We’ll also retrieve sending data like the number of emails sent, how many were opened or clicked, if any bounced, etc.
By the end of the tutorial you’ll be able to:
- Set up a free SendGrid account and API key for interacting with the service
- Set up a Python application that calls the SendGrid Web API v3, sends emails to different lists, and retrieves statistics about those sends
- Start working with …
Voice-to-Text (VTT) or Speech Recognition is a relatively new feature of many different software systems in business today. It allows spoken words to be automatically transcribed and entered into a given system, changing raw words into data. This data can then be acted upon by the business for any number of uses: storage and analysis, automatic responses, or even having the messages transcribed and sent out via SMS like we’re going to do.
In this tutorial we’ll set up a voicemail phone line, where each incoming call is recorded and transcribed. The transcriptions will be sent by SMS to the number of your choice.
By the end of this tutorial you’ll be able to:
- Set up a free Twilio Account
- Set up a phone number linked to a Python application that records voicemails and sends their transcriptions by SMS
- Start working with TwiML markup and the Twilio suite of APIs …