Who doesn’t like to save money? Telecommunications costs can consume a substantial portion of an organization’s budget, siphoning funds from other projects. By taking a close look at the way your organization connects its many communications applications to the public switched telephone network (PSTN), you may be able free up money to invest in strategic initiatives.
Twilio Elastic SIP Trunking is designed to help you save money. We’ve taken a comprehensive approach to cost efficiency by building a SIP trunking service that reduces soft and hard costs.
In this blog post, we’ll analyze the costs associated with connecting communications applications to the PSTN, and highlight five ways that Twilio Elastic SIP Trunking can put more money into your strategic projects budget. We will focus on the economic differences between Twilio Elastic SIP Trunking and the services offered by traditional telecommunication providers.
Optimizing global PSTN trunking costs
Optimizing PSTN connectivity costs …
With many people shifting to working remotely, the need for collaboration tools is increasing. Twilio offers many options that allow developers to build collaboration solutions like video chat or voice conferencing solutions.
This blog post walks you through how to create a protected voice conferencing line using Twilio Studio in a couple of minutes - to help your remote workforce continue to communicate.
In Studio, a Flow is executed from an incoming call or SMS to your Twilio number, or you could trigger an outbound flow via a REST API request. Once in a Flow, Studio offers various ways to control calls and message flows, including but not limited to:
- Saying or playing messages to a callee
- Gathering input from the callee such as digits or voice messages
- Making an HTTP request to a third-party system
It is simple to build a protected conference line using Twilio Studio and studio …
Today we’re excited to announce the General Availability of High Throughput Toll-Free SMS in the US. This feature increases the capacity of SMS messages that can be sent from a Toll-Free number to US destinations.
Toll-Free unlocks your business value
There are multiple business benefits to using a Toll-free number for SMS:
- Trust: Your customers feel comfortable when communicating with you through a number branded with your business.
- Brand: You can use the same toll-free phone number for all your business related messages (e.g. receipts, confirmations, notifications) to grow your brand, and give customers a dependable phone number they’re familiar with.
- Single Channel: You can use the same number for both voice and text messages. You can maintain a single identity and use the same toll-free number for all voice and SMS interactions.
Also, read more …