Unlock Your Creativity With Twilio Studio — now in General Availability
- Studio, Twilio’s visual development environment is now Generally Available.
- New pricing — Studio for every communication use case.
- More messaging channels — Build chatbots for Facebook Messenger, LINE, WhatsApp, and many more.
- Flow Editor For Flex— Studio is integrated with Twilio Flex, a programmable contact center and supports TaskRouter-based applications.
At Twilio, we understand developers because we are developers. And we know that while you rock at writing code, you’d probably much rather write the code that counts than spend time on server maintenance, complex state management and dealing with scale issues as your use cases grow. That’s why we developed Twilio Studio — a visual development environment that makes it easier than ever to create and deploy new customer experiences using messaging and voice in no time.
Today we are moving Twilio Studio into General Availability
On the ramp from beta to GA, we made some significant enhancements. We ...
How To: Build a New Year’s Resolution Bot with Twilio Studio
Welcome to our second post in the mini-series on getting started with SMS chatbots! Today you’ll learn some of the basics of building a bot while working in a friendly, no code required, visual builder called Twilio Studio.
Today’s tutorial shows how to build a New Year’s Resolution Bot that will help users commit to their New Year’s resolution and stay on track. To make a New Year’s resolution truly official, the Resolution Bot will get users to sign a contract. A contract requires:
Name of the individual committing to the resolution.
The resolution itself.
A completion date to achieve it by.
A signature to make it official.
🎗 Reminders to ensure Resolution Success!
let me take a selfiemake sure to try out the working version of Resolution Bot if you haven’t already.
Let’s go over what you’ll ...
Twilio Proxy is Now Available in Beta
- Create conversations between customers and your mobile workers without revealing personal phone numbers.
- Proxy API handles phone number management, session control, and bridging between calls and texts so you don’t have to.
- Now available in beta.
- Get started with Twilio Proxy today.
Remember the days before ridesharing apps? If you needed to go to the airport, you would call a taxicab company and speak with a dispatch agent. Today, there’s no need to call a dispatcher to order a cab, then call again to get ETA updates, or give directions—all of this communication is done using the app. What a concept! Now that we’ve experienced this luxury, it’s hard to go back to life before it.
However, this experience wasn’t built overnight. Companies had to figure out ways to solve a few challenges. For example:
- How do you make a phone call between two ...
Announcing Passthrough API: Send 10k SMS messages with a single API request
- Bulk SMS through a single API request.
- Make marketing announcements, send emergency response notifications.
- Available in beta.
In the past, if developers needed to notify many users, they’d have to do so by making a unique API request per recipient from their list of user addresses. If this list was too long, making API requests would consume too much time.
Now, businesses can send bulk SMS notifications with a single API request via Twilio Notify. What’s even better is that it can be used not just for SMS, but for all the other channels supported by Notify like iOS and Android push notifications, web push via FCM and APNS, and Facebook Messenger. You can even mix multiple channels in a single request.