Learn how public health departments are rapidly launching contact tracing programs.
Build and scale a call center for contact tracers to interview COVID-19 patients and notify their contacts of potential exposure. Monitor ongoing symptoms with SMS alerts and health surveys.
Tutorials & Templates
- Deploy an emergency call center with Twilio Flex
- Build a messaging app for contact tracing
- Create a notification system using Twilio CLI, Twilio Voice, and SMS
- Make outbound calls with Twilio Flex
- Use Twilio’s chatbot template for common COVID-19 questions
- Launch a remote agent contact center with Twilio Flex
- The city of Pittsburgh rapidly rebuilt their 311 service using Twilio Flex in the wake of COVID-19
- United Way Worldwide ramped up call capacity for its 211 programs during COVID-19 with Twilio
- UC San Diego School of Medicine leveraged SMS reminders to prevent disease and disability
- City Harvest used SMS notifications to increase access to emergency food assistance
- Lyft scaled their contact center to 30M weekly interactions
We got lucky that we were able to identify a great partner in Twilio [for our 311 program], and we were able to move exceptionally fast…Normally implementing something like this would take six months, at least.