Additions and changes to the Twilio platform
Segmentation v1 API Deprecation Deprecated
Existing segments created with the Segmentation v1 API will remain editable through December 31, 2022 using either the Marketing Campaigns user interface or Segmentation v1 API.
After December 31, 2022, the following changes will be made:
- Twilio SendGrid will attempt to migrate all segments created with the Segmentation v1 API that are not used in an Automation or a scheduled Single Send to the Segmentation v2 API for you.
- We may be unable to migrate some of the segments created using the v1 API, which will require you to manually migrate segments. See Upgrade a v1 Segment to v2 for instructions.
- Twilio SendGrid will stop processing segments created using the v1 API that haven’t been migrated or cannot be migrated automatically, meaning no contacts will join or leave the segments. We will not delete segments created using the v1 API, and you should not anticipate any data loss during this deprecation.
- Unmigrated segments will count against your segment limit. For this reason, we recommend you migrate all your segments from v1 to v2 manually as soon as possible.
- POST and PATCH Segmentation v1 API endpoints used to create and update segments will no longer be accessible.
- GET and DELETE Segmentation v1 API endpoints will remain available so that customers can retrieve their data and manually migrate segments to the v2 API.