Twilio is a cloud communications company. Our products and services enable you to build communications features and capabilities into your web, desktop and mobile software applications.
Here at Twilio, we believe in a “no shenanigans” approach to privacy. That means we do our best to be thoughtful and deal in an honest, direct and transparent way when it comes to your data.
In that spirit of transparency, we encourage you to read about our privacy practices.
To help you find the information most relevant to you, we’ve put together three separate privacy notices.
Check out our Website Privacy Notice, If you’re interested in our privacy practices with respect to data collected from you when you visit our publicly-accessible website www.twilio.com. Check out our Developer Products and Account Portal Privacy Notice, if you’re interested in our privacy practices with respect to data collected from you or generated when you use our account portal and developer products and services. Check out our Authy App Privacy Notice, if you’re an individual user of the Authy desktop or mobile app and/or you’re interested in our privacy practices regarding data collected in connection with use of the Authy desktop or mobile app.
If you’re just interested in our use of tracking technologies like Cookies, check out our Cookie Notice.
If you’re interested in the kinds of government data requests we receive, check out our Transparency Report.
If you want to review our old privacy notice, effective before February 1, 2016 click here.
What we have NOT changed
We have not changed how we handle or secure data we collect from you on our website or in connection with your use of our products and services.
What we HAVE changed
February 1, 2016 Updates:
- Instead of one privacy notice covering (1) our website, (2) our developer products and account portal, and (3) our Authy app, we have broken it out into three separate notices that focus on our processing of data as to each of those three things.
- We included a summary version for each of our privacy notices for quick reference. While it isn’t the “legal version,” it gives you a quick summary of what the accompanying full version of the privacy notice says.
- We’ve also added tables of contents with links to allow you to navigate to the portion of the privacy notice you’re most interested more quickly.
- We added that if you are an individual who has downloaded the Authy app outside of the United States, the Authy App service is provided to you by Twilio Ireland Limited, located at 25-28 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland. Twilio Ireland Limited is the controller of personal data processed for the purposes of account management and service-related analytics.
- And, we’ve included information about our alternative dispute resolution process if we have a dispute about our products or services.
April 12, 2016 Update:
- We updated our Developer Products and Account Portal Privacy Notice with the announcement of our integration with OTT messaging services like Facebook Messenger and Viber. In that update, we clarified that when you choose to use our products and services to send or receive communications through OTT messaging service providers we connect with, like Facebook Messenger or Viber, those providers will handle your communications in accordance with their own policies.
May 24, 2016 Update:
- We updated our Developer Products and Account Portal Privacy Notice with the announcement of the Twilio Marketplace. In that update, we clarified that when you make use of an Add-on from one of our Add-on Partners, any data the Add-on Partner accesses or collects as necessary for you to make use of the Add-on will be handled by the Add-on Partner in accordance with the Add-on Partner’s own policies, not Twilio’s.
While we’ve done our best to make our privacy notices complete, readable, and understandable, you may still have additional questions about our privacy practices even after reading the notices. We get that, so feel free to contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, if you prefer, you may write to us at:
Twilio Inc. 645 Harrison Street, Third Floor San Francisco, CA 94107
Twilio Ireland Limited, 25-28 North Wall Quay Dublin 1, Ireland