Twilio Inc. Sweepstakes
Please see Cover Sheet or Specific Social Post for Specifics.
Last Updated: October 12, 2022
- General Rules. These rules apply generally to Twilio Online sweepstakes promotions (the “Promotion”) sponsored by Twilio Inc. (“Sponsor”), may be offered in English to the Twilio programming community who is otherwise eligible, and which do not require registration and bonding in any jurisdiction. The aggregate prize value of any Promotion linked to these rules will always be under $5000.00. These rules are for sweepstakes Promotions only, also known as prize draws, and only on the social media platforms listed as relevant. Contests and promotions that do not fit the above-referenced criteria will have new terms and conditions accessible from the entry page. In addition, some special terms and changes not noted in these rules may be listed on the specific social post (Specific Social Post), or in advertising.
- Promotion Dates: All Specific Social Posts include an “end” date, listed on any social sites advertising the Promotion, and will also be included on the Specific Social Post. All entries must be received by the end date and time to be eligible to win any prize. The end time, unless otherwise noted in the Specific Social Post, will always be 11:59PM, California time (regardless of Daylight Savings Time), according to Sponsor’s internal time clock. Mailed entries are never accepted, and Sponsor is not responsible for any misdirected, garbled, incorrect, or otherwise late entries.
- Sponsor: All Promotions are sponsored by Twilio Inc., 101 Spear Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, California, 94105. Additional Promotion Sponsors may be listed in the Specific Social Post, and shall collectively be considered “Sponsors” for the purposes of that Promotion and these Official Rules.
- Odds. The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
- Eligibility: Unless otherwise noted in the Cover Sheet or Specific Social Post, Promotions are open to English speaking and reading Twilio users and enthusiasts who are over the age of majority, who are otherwise eligible to participate in sweepstakes and/or prize draw promotions where such Promotions are not restricted or prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor or its advertising and promotion agencies, and any other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, administration or fulfillment of any Promotion, as well as each parent corporation, subsidiary and affiliated company and their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings, children, parents’ siblings, siblings’ children, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and members of their households (whether or not related), are ineligible to participate in any Twilio Inc. promotion.
- Prizes: Prize information will be available on the Specific Social Post and in corresponding advertising. The Average Retail Value of any prize (“ARV”) will be listed in US Dollars. Any Entrant selected as a winner (“Selected Entrant”) shall not be entitled to any price differential between the actual retail value of any prize and the ARV listed. Other prize information, including the number of prizes, ARV for all prizes, total ARV in a single Promotion, and delivery methods for prizes shall be disclosed on the Specific Social Post site and/or on any corresponding advertising.
- Prize Notification: You will be always notified by direct message. Please configure your social media features to receive direct messages if you enter. In some cases, and except where, Selected Entrant may be required to execute certain documents in order to receive a prize. These documents could include a Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability Release, a Publicity Release, tax forms, and other information (“Declaration/Release”). Selected Entrants may be required to show proof of their age or eligibility before being awarded a prize. Selected Entrants forfeit the prize if they do not respond to the prize notification within the specified time period listed in the direct message. PLEASE NOTE THAT MANY PRIZES ARE TIME-SENSITIVE AND REQUIRE FAST RESPONSE TIMES. Some prizes may be entry to a program, event, or conference (“Location”). The prize will never include travel to and from any Location, all of which will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. If a Selected Entrant fails to sign and return any required documents within the time frame required, or if an Entrant is found to be ineligible, or if an Entrant does not comply with the Official Rules, then that Selected Entrant may be disqualified and an alternate Entrant may be selected. Given the time sensitive nature of some prizes, Selected Entrant may have fewer than 24 hours to respond to prize notification. In certain cases, and where it is legally required, a Selected Entrant may be required to answer a skills question in order to receive the prize. In such an event, the Selected Entrant will be contacted by direct message
- Prize Conditions: Winning a prize may be considered a taxable event. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Selected Entrants, and Selected Entrants who are U.S. residents may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. In the event a U.S. resident does not provide their social security number, Winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification and redemption to redeem said prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. All tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from any winnings will be the sole responsibility of each winner who accepts a prize, except where prohibited. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and/or any related or affiliated companies (collectively “Promotion Entities”) to use said winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with Sponsor generally. All entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes. Eligibility, age, and claims made by the Selected Entrant also are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes.
- Promotion Conditions: By participating, and except where prohibited, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Official Rules. Similarly, and except where prohibited, Winner and Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor(s) and each of the respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion, or (ii) printing, distribution or production errors. Sponsor or its affiliates may rescind any promotion found to contain such errors without liability at its sole discretion. Sponsor makes no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose (unless sponsor provides the prize winner with written warranties). Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays or acts of any government or authority. Void Where Prohibited.
- Restrictions: The prize package consists of only those items specifically described as part of the prize on the Specific Social Post. Sponsor may at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion provide different prizes of equal or greater value. Except where prohibited by law, Sponsor shall not be liable to any winner or any person claiming through such winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), pandemics or pandemic emergencies, regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, cancellation or postponement of any concert or other event, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
- Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited by law, neither Promotion Entities nor Sponsor are responsible for: (1) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries; (2) technical failures of any kinds; (3) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (4) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (6) misprints or typographical errors related to these rules or any Specific Social Post the corresponding Promotion; or (7) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, and only if the Promotion has not ended. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. If for any reason any Specific Social Post is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Specific Social Post, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Promotion and to select a potential winner from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. Caution: any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and damages (including attorneys’ fees) from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the law.
- Jury Trial Waiver:Except as prohibited by law and as a condition of participating in this Promotion, Entrant hereby waives any right he/she may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of, under or in connection with this promotion, any document or agreement entered into in connection herewith and any of the transactions contemplated hereby or thereby.
- Rules and Winners List: For a list of winners, send a request to Twilio Inc., Product Counsel, 101 Spear Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, California 94105.