1% makes a world of difference. In honor of International Women’s Day and U.S. Women’s History Month, we’re challenging bias and amplifying the achievements of women.
Hello, WePledge 1% members and Twilio community!
To help you live your 1% pledge, we provide monthly inspiration and tips for doing good in support of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This month the UN recognizes International Women’s Day and the U.S. celebrates Women's History Month, with the theme of challenging and calling out gender bias and inequality.
The theme for 2021 International Women’s Day is Choose to Challenge.
- “A challenged world is an alert world. Individually, we're all responsible for our own thoughts and actions - all day, every day. We can choose to challenge and call out gender bias and inequity. We can choose to seek out and celebrate women's achievements. Collectively, we can all help create an inclusive world. From challenge comes change, so let's all choose to challenge.” (www.internationalwomensday.com)
How can we help?
We can make choices every day that create a more equitable world, from actively challenging biases in the workplace, to seeking out and celebrating women’s achievements. We all have the power to enact positive change with our time and resources and there are many ways to take action during the month of March - and year-round.
Here’s how Twilions are doing it and we hope you’ll join us:
- Support Girls who Code or Malala Fund alongside our Women @ Twilio employee resource group. These high-impact charities are eliminating the gender gap in tech and education.
- Amplify peer voices. Is someone missing from the conversation? Lend your voice to identify someone who’s missing and invite them to share their perspective.
- Read about intersectional feminism, what it means and why it matters.
- Watch the International Women’s Day conversation starter and choose to create history.
- [U.S.] Ask your Representative and Senators to pass critical changes to the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA)
Take the Pledge Today
Are you ready to join the movement for good? Visit wepledge.org to sign up and learn more. Twilio open-sourced our WePledge 1% program to empower individuals and company employees to build positive change globally by committing 1% of their personal time or resources to do good.
We can’t wait to see the impact you build.